Topping amps... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st March 2012, 08:42 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Topping amps...

I love the direction things are going with this amp.

Topping TP32 Class T Digital Amp with USB and Remote 15WPC 310-316

For hi eff fullrange drivers these T-amps are GREAT! I've been enjoying my cheapie Sonic Impacts and Daytons as well as the more expensive Dayton (but i understand not so well built on the inside - tho beautiful on the outside) and sounds fantastic!

But this new Topping with a cool digital readout and a remote control (which i bet i'd never use anyway bc i enjoy fiddling with my gear) looks so NICE!

Zilla
Old 1st March 2012, 09:27 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

looks great!

I have information that the model with those copper Aircoils is the best
NEW Indeed Class T Amp Tripath TA2021 25WX2 Amplifier improved 20000 Mfd BC Cap | eBay
I don't know how this cyber Topping is
Old 1st March 2012, 10:05 PM   #3
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYNABLASTERTUNERS View Post
looks great!

I have information that the model with those copper Aircoils is the best
NEW Indeed Class T Amp Tripath TA2021 25WX2 Amplifier improved 20000 Mfd BC Cap | eBay
I don't know how this cyber Topping is

new, indeed!

how many yen, yuan or won would it take to get your own name engraved on the front panel of a "custom OEM" (read "same as all the rest?") amp

something about wine, bottle?

that said, this latest flock of offerings from Lepai, Topping, Dayton's house label, etc are so cheap that shipping and brokerage fee if sent across the 49th via UPS could cost more than the product
Old 2nd March 2012, 01:36 AM   #4
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Hmm, $199 for 6 so-so clean watts..... must be a heck of a remote.

GM
Old 2nd March 2012, 01:47 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

LOL, agreed about that 6 watts! But i like the casing and hope the trend will be towards the more powerful T-amps like the $100 Dayton (which is very businesslike and cool IMO). Beware tho, the $100 is suitable for speakers that go down to 6ohm... NOT 4ohm.

There are flaws but as the designs progress i expect most/all will be fixed.

Then we'll have 'perfect sound forever' LOL... well, pretty darn good sound anyways.

Zilla
Old 2nd March 2012, 02:25 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I got the TP-60. It's rated at 27w/ch@8Ω. Almost a tube sound. A bit warm compared to other T-amps I've tried. It even has a hint of 60Hz hum. Great match to my Alpair 10.2's.

Bob
Old 2nd March 2012, 04:28 AM   #7
von Ah is offline von Ah  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm seriously considering the TP-22... Single TP2050 setup for ~$100 shipped? Looks great, and with 2 inputs! Anyone want to weigh in on that one?
Old 2nd March 2012, 05:04 AM   #8
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

I have a TP30 (with USB DAC) on the way.

dave
Old 2nd March 2012, 02:57 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Brines View Post
I got the TP-60. It's rated at 27w/ch@8Ω. Almost a tube sound. A bit warm compared to other T-amps I've tried. It even has a hint of 60Hz hum. Great match to my Alpair 10.2's.

Bob
Bob, I bought the Topping TP-60. The first one I bought kept going into protection mode so I had to send it back. The second one is just fine. Thank God I got the amp from Parts Express, I paid more for it but had no problems with exchanging it.

This is the only amp of its kind I have or have heard. I would describe it as sounding solid state but without the how should I put it, harshness of solid state. I contribute it to the MOSFET design. I think that is why it sounds more tube like, but it doesn't have the lushness some tube amps have.

A keeper in my estimation. You can listen to it for hours and not want to turn it off. It doesn't sound like it has much power until you start cranking it up then the bass and treble start coming out. I'm using it with my MK 7.3's in BIB's and I think it is the amp and not the speakers that is causing this as other amps don't seem to do this. I'm not complaining or knocking the amp just an observation. Other amps may have wider sound stage but this amp is not closed in and it has good separation and clear voice.

I have a pair of those TB W4-1879's coming, will see how the amp and speakers get along together.
Old 2nd March 2012, 06:37 PM   #10
von Ah is offline von Ah  United States
diyAudio Member

Question more juice

I wonder if power supply-rolling is acceptable for the TP-22... The speaker relay looks like it's 12VDC. Maybe increasing the V-in would be too risky... It's terribly tempting, what with all the brick power supplies out there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TP22 relay.jpg (60.5 KB, 475 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!