[q] drivers from an old TV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You'll need something along the lines of a WT-3 (Woofer Tester). Without something of the sort, there's really no way to tell what the parameters are for an appropriate enclosure. Maybe someone can help by finding a spec sheet about the speaker. Pictures of the front and back, including any printing on the magnet, might help.
Sorry I couldn't have been at least somewhat helpful.
Mike

GM

Joined 2003
Look to the size of the TV as a guide, i.e. too big to bother, so OB or at least a relatively large ~aperiodic cab around 2-3 ft^3 and preferably as a TL. Note too the power supply specs is only flat from 100-10 kHz at 5% distortion, further confirming a typical TV's high Fs, Qts driver.

GM

attached are the front and back
(took me a while to realize that the upload does not resize pics automatically, and instead I had to it)

the back has something written on it, not sure if of any importance

thanks in advance for the suggestions

Attachments

• back_very_small.jpg
    back_very_small.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 77
  • front_very_small.jpg
    front_very_small.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 71
attached are the front and back
(took me a while to realize that the upload does not resize pics automatically, and instead I had to it)

http://www.cartchunk.org/audiotopics/ImpedMeasureFAQ.pdf
epanorama.net/Speaker element Thiele-Small parameters

Your PC with a sound card and a tone generator software can be the signal generator/frequency counter. All you need is an amplifier and a resistor and a voltmeter. Or you can build a simple jig and use speaker workshop.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.