TQWT x Golden Rule for 8 inches Full Range - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd February 2012, 08:40 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Yep, that was my reaction too. Hope things are improving at your end Greg; will (finally) be in touch over the weekend.

Incidentally, is it me or are those Supravox driver data figures inconsistant?
Old 23rd February 2012, 02:07 PM   #12
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

They're published specs are as accurate as a popular English and American brand's.

Same ol' aces n' eights for me, but having lost a several decades long pair of friends younger than me over the holidazes to fast acting diseases, I can live with that. Anyway, looking forward to catching up.

GM
Old 23rd February 2012, 03:05 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

On the other hand, I think we can assume that Supravox tried their own design and are quite happy with it.
Old 23rd February 2012, 03:24 PM   #14
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

I have no doubt, but for what source, room conditions, etc., so best overall to my way of thinking for the DIYer is to either build to at least design using measured specs or make it somewhat larger to allow more frequency shaping tuning options, hence my general attitude of 'when in doubt, BIB rules'.

GM
Old 23rd February 2012, 06:25 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

HI,
I like this SupraVox TQWT project why it had a side botton window, and I feel it will help the sound stage, when speakers placed side by side or small toe in.

If anyone had other horns projects with lateral openings, please post a link of plans.
THanks

Hide this!Advertise here!