Hornresp - Sections

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This design is by Scott Lindgren (Scottmoose) made by MJK worksheets!!
Scott knows his stuff!!
So you do not need to re do the whole thing with HornResp.

This kind of design is called a Double Mouth Big Vent Reflex (BVR).

If you insist in doing it all over again by yourself:
Search the forum for "Hornresp for Dummies" or kind of.
I did some BVR sims in the past with Hornresp ; so it is possible!

This design is by Scott Lindgren (Scottmoose) made by MJK worksheets!!
Scott knows his stuff!!
So you do not need to re do the whole thing with HornResp.

This kind of design is called a Double Mouth Big Vent Reflex (BVR).

If you insist in doing it all over again by yourself:
Search the forum for "Hornresp for Dummies" or kind of.
I did some BVR sims in the past with Hornresp ; so it is possible!

i don't want to redo the design, i just want to see what it looks like in detail, try out different drivers to see what happens and then adjust bits and pieces. i'm trying to learn about these designs and i find it easier to learn if i have something to interact with, rather than a wall of text.

Calhoun is obsolete now, since the CSS FR125 is no more. Note that the FR attached to the sheet came from another box -error we never got around to fixing. Since the few that were built went down well, it didn't make much difference one way or another, luckily.

You should be able to sim a box of this general type in Hornrsp easily enough, although you'll have to sum the twin mouths & it won't be able to fully account for the MTM radiation pattern & different loadings on the upper & lower termini.

I searched my database and found one pic left.
Did this one for the FE127E.
They have a removable front baffle so......
Is now running Kef B110b T27 (ls3/5 combo + x-over)
The owner says he's never going back!!

Scott is right about the radiation patern ; a lot different in room then the ordinairy BR!!

Attachments

• alles lumix 20-4-08 262.JPG
    alles lumix 20-4-08 262.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 214
Calhoun is obsolete now, since the CSS FR125 is no more. Note that the FR attached to the sheet came from another box -error we never got around to fixing. Since the few that were built went down well, it didn't make much difference one way or another, luckily.

You should be able to sim a box of this general type in Hornrsp easily enough, although you'll have to sum the twin mouths & it won't be able to fully account for the MTM radiation pattern & different loadings on the upper & lower termini.

yeah i asked a few people for the driver and its all out, so unless i get lucky on ebay.

i fall at the first hurdle, what are the correct sections? is this correct? if i sum the parts will this act like a single large horn VS a double mouthed section?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I searched my database and found one pic left.
Did this one for the FE127E.
They have a removable front baffle so......
Is now running Kef B110b T27 (ls3/5 combo + x-over)
The owner says he's never going back!!

Scott is right about the radiation patern ; a lot different in room then the ordinairy BR!!

don't suppose you have a plan and/or response plots for those do you? :)

And you're on your way!!

Some remarks to get you going ;

1 place you write S2 : change to L12 (L= material thickness 18mm)
2 calculate volume for box = (in your drawing L12 x S1)
and put it in hornresp in the right down corner
3 make shure that the left down corner is set to ZERO 2 times = 0
4 run
5 run combined response.

let me know, good luck!!

Dont keep up plans of everything I build.
Build more then I draw, mostly by head.
At the moment about 14 working sets of speakers in my place .
By memory they measure
20x30x122cm , S4~ 16,5 x 30 cm X2
in your drawing ; L23 16,5 x 1 cm X2
box volume about 9 liters
and the curve went 7 cm inside (is this clear?)

But don't take me for it by 100%

bumping for help.

i got bored so took the curvy changs and tried to put them in hornresp using my driver (too lazy to find fostex specs after rendering that design!)

does this look about right for what would happen if i just fattened the cabinet up to fit the driver?

btw i do not plan on making this as its response is a bit crap. i'm just trying to learn.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Gafh
No. Thats not a BVR. That's more of a Horn loaded TL.
For BVR, you need to set an value in "VTC"
I don't know the exact dimension for you here, but let's say it's 30 Liters, you need to type "30 000".
The other value "ATC" is the cross sectional area of the chamber (the diagonal area).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.