Tuby from SpectrumAudio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I just found the Tuby from spectrumaudio. Apart from the very, ehm, colorful :rolleyes: site design I think this is very interesting. It's a tapered quarter wave tube inspired by the needle, a pretty famous beginner loudspeaker here in germany (that I have built and like very much). The tuby is supposedly compatible with a number of different drivers, including Alpair 7, 10.2, CHR-70 and CHP-70. The needle worked with an even greater amount of different drivers, so the tqwt or at least this configuration seems to be very flexible.
So, the reason of me posting this: I am more or less decided I want the Alpair 10.2 for front and center and want to gather opinions about all the different enclosures around, and have so far not read anything about a tuby with Alpair 10.2. Has anyone here built this? What are your thoughts?

Hi,

I just found the Tuby from spectrumaudio. Apart from the very, ehm, colorful :rolleyes: site design I think this is very interesting. It's a tapered quarter wave tube inspired by the needle, a pretty famous beginner loudspeaker here in germany (that I have built and like very much). The tuby is supposedly compatible with a number of different drivers, including Alpair 7, 10.2, CHR-70 and CHP-70. The needle worked with an even greater amount of different drivers, so the tqwt or at least this configuration seems to be very flexible.
So, the reason of me posting this: I am more or less decided I want the Alpair 10.2 for front and center and want to gather opinions about all the different enclosures around, and have so far not read anything about a tuby with Alpair 10.2. Has anyone here built this? What are your thoughts?

Hello Hilmar,
Very interesting post. I spoke to Wolfgang (Spectrum) late year but possibly he did not have this plan available at the time. Not sure if anyone has built these plans on this forum.

Might be worth checking on the German forums to see if there are build project using these plans.

Cheers
Mark.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.