Which Planat 10 metronome to start?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All,

Ive more or less decided that my first venture into DIY speakers will be Metronomes from the Planet 10 site. I want to go for 40" or 48" tall but cant decide which, FE108, F127e or F126e. I'll be playing rock, eg Peter Gabriel, into a bedroom loft room 16' long, 14' wide, roof height 8' centre to 4' eaves. I'll be using PC (flac) through HRT Streamer into a Sonic Impact amp.

If I had the oppty to listen and compare, I'd be looking for even frequency response, bass guitar to cymbals, clear vocals and width of soundstage. ( Optimist?).

I realise that I'm asking a subjective question, but I would welcome any comments. Thanks in anticipation.

Thakns for the suggestions guys. So, now I'm down to 4 driver choices FE108, F126e, CSS EL 70 or FF 125WK, before I close on that I see comments about limited power, I was thinking that the high efficiency of the drivers would make 2*15 into 4ohm OK. I've tested the set up in the room using some old 8ohm commercial bookshelves and I'm satisfied its loud enough, so I'm going to risk it, will upgrade the amp if necessary. Could you advise which enclosures I could use for the FF125WK or CSS EL70. Oh bollux, lets get to the point - Dave, read loads of stuff from you, which driver would you put in which enclosure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.