Fostex Fe series vs the FF series testing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello again. I wanted to say that I have found a fostex speaker that is as close to what I have been looking for in a small driver for awhile now. I have had the new fostex FF85wk and the FF125wk drivers testing side by side. I would have to say right out of the box the Fe126en drivers are more liver and more detailed and more alround closeness that I have been looking for. Yes it has a peak but, that does not brother me only on certain songs its peaky. I will have to say that the FF85wk are the drivers to beat for its size in all areas but, the live sounding. That is something it lacks. I was asking some other diyers about the FF series and it reminds them of the 50's paper cone sound. Very laid back. They are warm sounding and less peaky then the Fe series. My wife has said the FF85wk are her fav. of all the drivers I have. She said they very very powerful and loud. Well for now I am working on building a box for the fe126en speakers. They do voices very well. I am very happy and pleased with the fe126en drivers. jm

Update: I just plugged in the FF85wks and yes they are just a wow driver to me. It is my all time fav. 3 inch fullrange driver. It does so much right. Now for the 4" to 5" inch fullrange drivers its the Fe126en hands down. Thanks to david from planet 10 he sure knows what he's talking about. Thanks again david. Jm

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.