Fostex FE126En in an Fonken enclosure?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No I don´t have any LEAP or LMS and I don know what it is eihter... hahaha.
I have little knowledge regarding speaker building I just enjoy listening to music and the flat 5´s shure do sound sweet but they aren´t givin me any tones below 150 hz in the cabs I´m using now so they don´t match up well with my sub.
I gues I´ll try some of the closed boxes in the old coral papers, only problem is that they are HUGE, 84 liters for fo 75hz or 40 liters and fo 80 hz !!!!

if any one is interested in the old coral papers I found some scaned by diy-paradise:

coral encl plans | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

and

Coral flat10 plans | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks for the help!

Best regards
Peter

Hi Dave.

Found this about the coral flat 5ii's

Coral Flat 5 II 14,5cm*R6,9Ohm*20Watt*SPL91dB*Fres101Hz *Qms8,9*Qes0,83*Qts0,76*Vas3,64*3,1g

I know my drivers are old, but could thees specs be used (they are the ones for new drivers)?

Does the specs change much over time and use?

Peter

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Peter,

Wow, Vas of 3.64 ft^3!!

With specs like that, you need a BIG box, it simmed nicely in an 1100 liter box (i have a sticky 1 key), an infinite baffle, or a slightly smaller aperiodic box. You'll still only get bass to about 100 Hz.

Most practical use is as a mid-tweeter in an open baffle. This would also cover for the fact that parameters will change as the driver ages.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.