Lowther in Chang variant--question for Scottmoose and Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Scott/Dave,

5 years ago you guys built what you termed the voltachang for me for the Volt BM2500.4.

I built it and it works...really well in fact. I'll post some pics to hopefully get others interested in this excellent driver that models poorly with conventional T/S work.

Quick question: I was thinking of picking up a pair of lowther PM6a 16ohm drivers and mounting them on an adaptor plat to set in this cabinet. (good price, always wanted to try etc.)

Any ideas on how this might work out?

Any tips on non-invasive changes to the cabinets that may work? (stuffing insides, stuffing ports, reducing internal volume etc.)

I actually have the cabinet plans if you don't have them on file.

Cheers
M

"Poorly" 'n what way

I am wondering why you think that...and in what way, poorly as in lumpy response/sucked out midbass etc. or poorly as in it won't make much bass under 90hz or so.

I looked up a previous thread that Scott responded to and someone wanted to try a PM2a in a chang designed around the 8" fostex.

Originally, Scott said no, but then said yes (with some caveats).

If anything, I would think a PM6a would stand a better chance of making some decent sound in any kind of reflex loading than would a PM2a, but maybe I am off base on this.

If you have any more thoughts on this let me know...and thanks again for the very cool enclosure design.

I guess it is minimally difficult to simply try it out (I would just need to cut an adaptor plate).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.