Spawn Horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am thinking about making a spawn double horn for my next project but I'm trying to find one thats small enough.

The Aiko 1v1 is pretty much perfect size for me but I can't afford the fe108ez at 113 dollars a piece.

So what I'm looking for is something around 4.5' tall, no more than 7.5" wide, preferably 6.5" and no more than about 14" deep. Also I would very much like to use a fostex but thats not an absolute. I'd like to spend about $50 per driver so the FE126en is about perfect.

Could another driver work in that cabinet?

Thanks all!

I am thinking about making a spawn double horn for my next project but I'm trying to find one thats small enough.

The Aiko 1v1 is pretty much perfect size for me but I can't afford the fe108ez at 113 dollars a piece.

So what I'm looking for is something around 4.5' tall, no more than 7.5" wide, preferably 6.5" and no more than about 14" deep. Also I would very much like to use a fostex but thats not an absolute. I'd like to spend about $50 per driver so the FE126en is about perfect.

Could another driver work in that cabinet?

Thanks all!

Ah, the art of compromise and speaker design -

Dave could offer an opinion on whether the 126 would be suitable in the Aiko. Seeing as this enclosure was originally intended for a different driver than the FE108ez (i.e a little Lyeco whose real world performance was very underwhelming - in this cabinet at least), the 126 might "just work".

However, if you could possibly stretch the height to 60" the Woden Valiant very definitely works with the 126. Note that the dual mouths are rear firing, so some clearance to back wall is required - my best guess for that would be at least a foot.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Aiko was always a favorite of mine, but not many were built -- one of the most interesting aps was turned on its side and used as a table top for a TV stand.

We do know that FE103A worked well in Aiko, so i suspect FE103 or FF105 would work fine. On our queue was to try FE126 in Aiko (Scott's suggestion) but it didn't happen before our Aiko were spirited away.

You'd be taking a bit of a flyer, but it you did a removable supraBaffle, eventually you could find a driver that works.

And if you email me, i think that the phase plugged FE108eS out of Chris' wife's old expanded B-Horns could be had for a song.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.