Help choosing an FR to use with an 8" MLTL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
>>> and did not find the magic, sound was very thin...

Sorry. I never heard that driver but many seem to like it. Do i understand correctly that you mounted it on a cardboard open baffle?

I have both Fostex and TangBand drivers and think the reason they both exist is to offer speaker builders a different sound. The TBs i have are warmer sounding and less excitable. I do enjoy both but they need to be setup correctly.

Zilla

>>> Do i understand correctly that you mounted it on a cardboard open baffle?

Yes, cardboard open baffle. I know it was not the best way to test them, but it was all I had on hands at that time.

When time permits it will be made an mdf baffle to break them in and them do tests again. I also believe that they have to sound better when setup correctly.

>>> I also believe that they have to sound better when setup correctly...

Maybe not. LOL... I'd imagine they would too. I don't recall anyone using these on OB tho.

well Jeff, actually our first experiments with the predecessor FF85K that we purchased just for the helluvit based on a recommendation by Terry Cain, was on a dinky little 1/2" MDF OB - no LF of course, but it certainly demonstrated the driver's silly good mids and top

while risking flack for yet again proclaiming that even a well executed OB isn't for everyone ( i.e. me ), with appropriate XO and bass support the FF85WK could be outstanding in an MJK style set-up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.