Question re padding/stuffing - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th January 2012, 09:29 AM   #1
jjl is offline jjl  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Question re padding/stuffing

I am building a couple of the dMar-Ken7.3 2v1 and the notes say "All internal panels lined with ......".
Does the word "all" include the central brace with the holes in it, and does it also include the front panel above and below the speaker? In other words do I line every square inch of the inside of the speaker.
Thanks
Jeremy
Old 26th January 2012, 04:30 PM   #2
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Jeremy,

Braces don't need lining - at least as far as I know. There should be a page in the plans with a lining diagram too.

-Zia
Old 26th January 2012, 06:47 PM   #3
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl View Post
I am building a couple of the dMar-Ken7.3 2v1 and the notes say "All internal panels lined with ......".
Does the word "all" include the central brace with the holes in it, and does it also include the front panel above and below the speaker? In other words do I line every square inch of the inside of the speaker.
Thanks
Jeremy

Not every square inch - you don't want to occlude the internal openings of vent ports - I trim back the felt approx the width of the openings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman01 View Post
Jeremy,

Braces don't need lining - at least as far as I know. There should be a page in the plans with a lining diagram too.

-Zia
line the central brace with a thin layer of less dense material - such as 1/2" or so of dacron sheet found in fabric shops for padded placemats, etc.

Hide this!Advertise here!