BIB placement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, next week i'll start to buil a BIB with Monacor SPH-60X, i've found all the meauserement in the calculator.
I've 2 questions:

is this drawing correct????

2)What about the placement in the room???, i've a 4mx3m listening room and i was thinking to place them 1,10m from the rear wall and 55cm from the side wall.

I'm sorry for my bad english!!!

Have a good day!!

The drawing has the correct proportions.

In my limited experience, they need to go in the corners (not just near the corners). I think a meter from the rear wall is too far. But you can determine the right position after they are built.

If simulation interests you, check out the last article on this page, "Calculated Response of the Fostex FE-167E BIB Enclosure":

General Speaker Related Articles

monacor bib

With your placement issues I would either invert it for a bottom firing bib or choose another design. I don't think you'll be happy with the performance of bibs this far out into the room (from my own experience). Floor loading should give you much better results. Look in the big BIB thread for examples and how to calculate the new driver position (approximately .4 x line length if remember correctly).
Good luck!

I'm planning to do it back vented, as suggested here:
BIB calculator - amateur audio
but i've doubt about the speaker placement, it will result from: line leght*0,417 (285cm*0,417=118,8) so, considering the total eight in 145cm it will be in a bad position considering the eight of my ear even 118cm will be fom the bottom or from the top..
Tonight i'll try to post a drawing of the room and my project of the bib.....

I'm planning to do it back vented, as suggested here:
BIB calculator - amateur audio
but i've doubt about the speaker placement, it will result from: line leght*0,417 (285cm*0,417=118,8) so, considering the total eight in 145cm it will be in a bad position considering the eight of my ear even 118cm will be fom the bottom or from the top..
Tonight i'll try to post a drawing of the room and my project of the bib.....

I suggested the driver height of .414 for floor loading only. This would put the driver at 118cm (plus the height of any feet to lift the cabs from the floor). A bit high but I prefer this to lower placements. Again, I would not recommend ceiling loading with your placement requirements.

I just added a post with a similar question to the Epic BiB thread...

Similarly, I'm trying to decide on dimensions and placement options for my first audio project. I purchased drivers with a Fs of 70 and Qts of .55 and I've got weird room geometry. I think I can get them in the corners, but the wall angles in around 45 degrees at about 72" from the floor, and meets the ceiling proper another 2 feet or so above.

If I plug 50hz instead of 70hz into the BiB calculator, the cabinets come up to within a couple of inches of the 45" slant, but there is still another couple of feet to the ceiling proper. Any thoughts on whether this will project the sound out into the room and create effective corner loading, or am I S.O.L. with my room geometry, and better off venting to the rear or floor (unfortunately and unavoidably behind furniture)?

Alternatively, I could build the cabinets tuned at the factory specs of 70hz, which gives me 48" tall cabinets... those I suppose I could either mount on shelves, or again invert the design and vent to the floor.

Hi Guys: Here's picture showing how close I ran my BiB to both corners and walls. To say that the sound was excellent is actually not expressing it clear enough! Especially with Planet10 wave guides implanted! If you do go through with building them...don't do what i did and sell them! My god, I regret that deicision!
Rgds: Dave
Hello to Zilla, Dave and Scott and GM, well, all of you! I haven't been on this site for ages!

Attachments

• DSC02156.JPG
    DSC02156.JPG
    724.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.