Audio Nirvana Alnicos?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks again, all. Spoke to David Dicks today, who told me that the 10-inch Alnicos "kill" the 8-inch versions, which is corroborated from another source. He also said the 10-inchers will fare just fine in the 2.8 cabinets. So I guess that's that.

They wouldn't perchance cost more than the smaller units would they? ;)

So in light of my room situation, I'm curious whether folks have any advice about how much stuffing of the cabinet is likely needed, and what configuration and size ports I'd likely need. I'm guessing I'd need two ports, in any case, given my concerns about bass bloat, which is largely a mid-bass phenomenon, as I understand it.

An acoustically undersized cabinet for xyz drive unit is about the last thing you want, since you will almost certainly end up with exactly what you are hoping to avoid. I'm at work at present, so little time, but GM has covered the alignment issues for you in his post above. Audio Nirvana drive units are not exempt from the laws of physics, so FWIW, I strongly advise you to take your time and purchase whatever model best suits your requirements based on sound technical rather than emotional considerations.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.