Philips 9710am08

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
À long time ago i came accross À tqwt drawing and i lovend THE simple design.
I also did some reading about THE Philips 9710. Then i stumbled upon à set of these and bought them.

As nooby i have à few questions:

Eh can i build à good tqwt with this driver? I know its à bit stupid to first buy and ask questionnaire later...
Is there someone who has build them Already because all i see is builds with Fostex etc.
What kind of amplifier do i need (to build)

In THE meanwhile i am very Bush with my chipamp....

9710 sounds good for a TQWT I'd say. This driver usually wants rather large enclosures though; my guess is you're probably looking upwards of 100 liters for a TQWT.

Almost any type of amplifier should do well on 9710; I've tried mine on both SS and 6BQ5 PP, with good results. It has a very even impedance curve that should make it quite easy to drive. *Edit - I just remembered that the version with the "AM" suffix indicates 800 ohmn impedance. If that's the one you have, maybe the best application for this would then be an OTL tube amp.*

You could use Hornresp to simulate such an enclosure. It's free and not too hard to learn, give it a try! Good luck!

IG

Last edited:
À long time ago i came accross À tqwt drawing and i lovend THE simple design.
I also did some reading about THE Philips 9710. Then i stumbled upon à set of these and bought them.

As nooby i have à few questions:

Eh can i build à good tqwt with this driver? I know its à bit stupid to first buy and ask questionnaire later...
Is there someone who has build them Already because all i see is builds with Fostex etc.
What kind of amplifier do i need (to build)

In THE meanwhile i am very Bush with my chipamp....

perhaps you should check this website to find our what your actually bought, Index of /radio/speakers

Attachments

• Philips 9710M01_TQWT.JPG
    Philips 9710M01_TQWT.JPG
    519.4 KB · Views: 152
bjorno, is that design yours and was it ever built?

IG

Hi,

Yes, In the mid sixties to late seventies I've built many different enclosures for this driver, all using volumes in between 50 -120 L but you have to be aware of that the T/S parameters might be aged especially for already used drivers.
For the shown design I just picked a set of parameters I've recently been using.

b:)

Hi,

Yes, In the mid sixties to late seventies I've built many different enclosures for this driver, all using volumes in between 50 -120 L but you have to be aware of that the T/S parameters might be aged especially for already used drivers.
For the shown design I just picked a set of parameters I've recently been using.

b:)

I don't know what the original parameters really were, but the T/S I measured for my ceramic-magnet pair is pretty much on par with what Troels Gravessen and many others measured.

They pretty much seem to always want large enclosures; strange that the Philips recommended bass-reflex was a mere 40 liters!

IG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.