What Amp do you use with your Mark Audio Drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, very much so, using a powered sub for info under 80hz which is great as one can adjust both the frequency response and volume desired with each recording! :bulb:

and I am using just 1.8 watts of single ended class A tube power to achieve quite lovely listening levels.

I use a Tannoy TS10 cut at 65 hz. I dont really need it i think. The bass is great
with out sub.

I can imagine a world of difference between the Decware and LK100 - indeed to borrow from a decades old ad campaign by the Scottish maker - chalk and cheese, mate!

Do you still have the Virtue? If so, maybe the next time you're down with way you could pack it along?
Hi Chris, sadly no, I foolishly sent it to a new home in Seattle (sigh :()
It was a lovely , fine sounding thing, lots of power, but only 1 set of inputs

With newly build Pensil 10Ps

Best- Pass F5, nothing else close
Good- Homebrew EL84 utilizing Triode Electronics Dynaco clone transformers and Sheldon's PCB (diyTube), also $25 generic NXP class d amp board off of eBay.

Of course, the Class D is the runaway best value. But, I love my F5.

27 x 36 x 22 cm : 21,383 liters

finally 51 liters of pensil 10p would be too big for nothing ?

simply put, I think there are completely different operating principles for an MLTL, or tapped hypex horn such as the FHs ( 3 or XL) - the latter for which I've not bothered to calculate the volume ahead of the choke and horn mouth.

haven't heard the simple reflex - should maybe blast together a pair of those - a guy can't have too many unused speakers, or amps, or DACs, or ......

I've owned SET amps in 3 of the types supported for the 2 amps listed (the 879 will accommodate EL34 as well) and am a sucker for the 2A3. If the 8233 can auto-detect for the 300B, I'd be inclined to go that route - i.e. you can swap out when you want a change in tonality & power. The nominal watt or two per channel difference between the KT88 in this application and 300B is not really all that significant - it's the first watt that counts :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.