What Amp do you use with your Mark Audio Drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lately I've been toying with a little SMSL SA-S3 and am quite impressed. These inexpensive little chip amps offer an absolutely tremendous value!

I've also been playing with a tpa3110 based sure board (a whopping $10) and am amazed at how much performance can be had for so little $$.

While they are not the be-all end-all of amplifiers, if you can ignore their lack of features, they really are great sounding little units. I'd be willing to guess you could fool many experienced listeners into believing they are listening to rather expensive pieces of kit.

Alpair 10P's in Clark Blumenstein crafted B/R bamboo cabinets
Sun Audio 300B set amp 8 watts/ch Western Electric power tubes
RWA Signature 15 watt/channel tube hybrid Siemans E88CC signal tube
Decware Super Zen 2watt/channel with NOS telefunken 6922 signal tube

Life is good!

Update on amp and speaker combos
the Decware Super Zen with the great 6922 signal tube at 2.3 watts into 4 ohms per channel
SMOKES the other amplifiers
the RWA Signature 15 now resides in Winnipeg
the Sun Audio 300B with Western Electric 300B's is going bye bye as well

these Mark Audio 10P's are simply sublime in all aspects!
Thanks to all on this forum for assisting in the discovery of my new reference transducers!

Cheers! :D

this is my system!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 389
Embarrassing to say, not yet -actually it's becoming much more difficult for us to find the time to get any amp / preamps built - I'm personally becoming more "Brinseian"* in that regard ;) - you want half a dozen small speaker enclosures by next weekend - no problem ; finish that tube amp rebuild sitting on my bench for the past 3yrs - oops, gotta go :eek:

* (did I just coin a word?) .

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.