I need help chosing fullrange driver for FAST ... - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th March 2012, 07:44 PM   #21
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by edinm View Post
No service opening. I never blowed any speaker so there is litlle chance for it to happen.
You've now officially jinxed yourself.

I hope I am wrong. Good job.
Old 5th March 2012, 08:25 PM   #22
edinm is offline edinm  Bosnia and Herzegovina
diyAudio Member

hehe,I hope not jinxed myself. I am diyer, as we all hare. If internal driver fails iwill be happy to rebuild it. I enjoy in process of building speakers. Next time it could be only better build. I only need some playwood and one rainy boring weekend. Most important is that speakers sound fantastic, all other is not important now.
Old 5th March 2012, 11:36 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
Couldn't find any dimensions or other details of construction, but given the implied depth from this photo, and the fact that the bass driver was KEF B200, I'd say not a whole helluva lot
Wow, I see what you mean. I didn't realize they were so small.

jeff
Old 6th March 2012, 06:37 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Default Finished speakers

Here are pictures of finished speakers. Acctualy not finished 100% it still need to be done some kind of finishing but that can wait.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-03-06-030.jpg (224.6 KB, 344 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-03-06-031.jpg (260.2 KB, 298 views)
Old 6th March 2012, 07:09 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edinm View Post
Here are pictures of finished speakers. Acctualy not finished 100% it still need to be done some kind of finishing but that can wait.
How do they sound?

Be careful about saying the finish can wait - I've had some MDF boxes here for over a year now. People have given up asking me how I'll finish them...
Old 6th March 2012, 07:22 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Hehe, from my personal expiriance you ar right about finishing. I sad it can wait, but did't said for how much :-)
I am very happy with sound. E60 gives very detailed and refined sound from 280z up.
Auras gives extremely low and rich LF. It goes F3 to 38 Hz and almost flat to 200Hz. Tere is lot of punch. Biggest advantage of isobarik is elimination of distorsion in LF. Low frequencies are defined and well rounded and effortless. Realy impresed. I had 15" woofers, couple of 8-inchers, Aura NS8, ... but never achieved such refined LF.

On the other side E60 is fantasitc as mid/tweet.

Currently I have problems with amplifiers, I sold my IcePower based amp to friend and now waiting IRS2092 L15D modules to make new amp. Then I will have full system. Currently listen on old Grundig amplifier.
Old 16th May 2012, 05:42 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Speakers are finishedsome time ago. I made couple of videos about how it sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpymwb2COzE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ryOVKuUmw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCY1hNi7y1g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONZGfTxTgZU
Old 16th May 2012, 06:41 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Well , I like them !
They do overcome the faults I had in my isobarics : the FR was suspected not to behave correctly and the woofers worked in a little box
indeed they were bookshelves ...but stands were oscillating when playing at full power !
I dismantled them two months ago . Also the difficulty of reaching the hidden driver for firmly securing it to the cabinet ... I'm still in projecting a 2 way with a FR with a BIG waveguide .
About the lovely videos and songs ...In the first ( but also the others )
the drum part reminds me of a steam train engine running slowly
Ciao
Old 16th May 2012, 07:20 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

my problem with these FAST designs is that the bass sounds 'bigger' than the midrange. to me it sounds like whatever is producing the low end sounds closer than whatever is producing the mids and uppers.

anyone tried these designs using bigger fullrangers?

my experience is based on a visaton DIY kit heard at a DIY audio club.
Old 12th August 2012, 08:14 AM   #30
fvaille is offline fvaille  France
diyAudio Member

Hoping E60 has a better construction than JRX6HD.

I had JRX6HD in sealed boxes (2.2l). A first one failed after 6 months, and now it's the second one. I'm wondering if I should replace with E60 or give up with unfiltered small Jordans/EAD (still very happy with my E100HD+ in modified VTL, although they needed some HF lowering)

Francois

Hide this!Advertise here!