Learning as I go about smaller fullrange drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Best bang for the buck, Mark Audio CHR 70.3! I have listened to several 3-4 inch fullrange drivers, some costing twice the price. These sound amazing, I'm very happy with them!

Larry

i thought their midbass/midrange (500-2000 ish) was lacking compared to the considerable bass and highs they can put out.

i was looking for the opposite sound curve, more mids than bass or treble. if your EQ is normally set with a recessed midrange then i can see why they'd be quite a good option. certainly incredibly well made and they had pretty good detail to music. they also have a frightening thud to them under bass notes, which is really surprising for such a tiny thing.

i had the champagnes and they look very nice too, very expensive, much more than they cost anyway!

TB W5-1611SA-neo

.... I have been looking at the following drivers from tang band.

1. Tang band w3-1364sa Still alot for a 3 inch drivers worth it?
2. Tang Band w3-319sf. Looks nice?
3. Tang Bnad w3-315e Have been lookig at this driver for along time now?
4.Tang band w4-656sc 4inch drivers upgrade for $10.00 more?...
I will be adding a long throw woofer or subwoofer to cover the low end. I am building these for t.v. us and movies and backround music. They are for my wife and small is better for her. Well please tell you thoughs on tang band driver or projects that can help me. Thanks daniel

Hi there NS: I've been running a pair of TB W5 1611SA-neo drivers bare over a DIY bass unit for several months- FAST system. Very smooth after breakin, natural sound on acoustic instruments. Hi fequency excelent, no need for helpers tweeters. (My TB W-4 1320SD-neo bamboo cone drivers are not as smooth on top end, seems "forward" there) regards, Michael

perhaps illogically im not keen on fostex, and i do not own any. But i can speak about the Alpair 5 greys and various tangband drivers i do own. After buying the metal cone alpairs i was a little disappointed. The A6p is reportedly much easier on the ear, and i regret not holding out until they became available in the UK. Conversly i was pleasantly surprised by the Mg coned TB W3-1285SG, VERY neutral and far less metallic in their sound. At a similar price, when i bought them, they have grown and grown on me. Some doubt the accuracy of TBs published data, i however, do not. Im very sure a paper or PP tangband would give even the A6P a run for its money.

Hi there NS: I've been running a pair of TB W5 1611SA-neo drivers bare over a DIY bass unit for several months- FAST system. Very smooth after breakin, natural sound on acoustic instruments. Hi fequency excelent, no need for helpers tweeters. (My TB W-4 1320SD-neo bamboo cone drivers are not as smooth on top end, seems "forward" there) regards, Michael

I have a pair of the 1611SAs as well and found them very bright up top with no EQ, especially before they had much time on them. I'm building cabinets for them now with a good bit of BSC so I hope that trims the highs enough for me. They do sound wonderful though, so I wouldn't shy away from other poly cone full rangers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.