Tang Band W3-319SF 3" Full Range Driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some TB 3" full ranges and they sound very good

If I was going to use 4 of them on a desktop, I'd run a "1.5 way" crossover to boost the low end and roll off the mids/highs to prevent beaming.

Just wire them in parallel and use an inductor to connect the second one, cross it around 500 Hz or so so they both operate in the bass band but the bottom one will fade out as it heads to the midrange.

With 0.2mm of Xmax and a 3" driver--don't expect a lot of bass but four of them with a 1.5 way should be enough for low volume desktop use.

I have some TB 3" full ranges and they sound very good

If I was going to use 4 of them on a desktop, I'd run a "1.5 way" crossover to boost the low end and roll off the mids/highs to prevent beaming.

Just wire them in parallel and use an inductor to connect the second one, cross it around 500 Hz or so so they both operate in the bass band but the bottom one will fade out as it heads to the midrange.

With 0.2mm of Xmax and a 3" driver--don't expect a lot of bass but four of them with a 1.5 way should be enough for low volume desktop use.

Thanks, this is my current plan, in fact I have them mocked up in cardboard boxes.

BTW, I am using .055 cu inches and a 1/2" x 1/2" port per driver.

Best,
Ed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.