Getting buzzed, need help!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all!! I am building a pair of Tony Gee's Andromeda mk2 loudspeakers. I have completed the upper cabinets/drivers/crossovers and am currently running them with a power subwoofer as monitors until I save enough scratch to start on the bass enclosures (eton 12/680 hex are $500/each!!).

At any rate, I am getting a pretty audible hum out of one of the speakers, and my question would be whether I should check the resistors, capacitors or inductors as the most likely source? I initially thought it was my amps (atma-sphere ma1's), so I retubed both amps at a pretty substantial cost (28 6as7g and 8 6sn7's:eek:). I was still getting hum from the same side. Well, one of the cabinets needed some repair, so when I completed that, I decided to try switching sides with the speakers. Now the hum is coming from the other channel (but the same speaker). I have to admit, this is my first speaker/woodworking project ever. This is why my friends call me mr. practicality!! I took one one of the toughest projects Tony has to offer for my first ever try. I've never even build a wooden box before. Anyway, I learned a lot, and built a pair of Tony's Tempo speakers for my friend's wedding gift, and they came out beautifully!! But, now I have to get mine back up to spec.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.