Desktop TQWP for Son for Xmas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My first QW transmission line build!!!
These are desk top TQWP for my son for Xmas, he is also getting a Glow Audio SET tube amp for Xmas. They will be used in a bedroom and will augmented with a Pinnacle Subsonic subwooffer. The sub utilizes to 6.5" opposed drivers and is only 8x8x8" but does a tremendous job for those below 150hz cycles. The dimensions are 9hx7dx7w and made of 1/2" Baltic Birtch. The line is 20.89" for the Audio Nirvana 3" drivers that have have a Fs of 141hz and a xmax of 2mm. The fill is crimped dacron which averages out at the .5lbs per cu ft. and the finish is a Red analine transparent stain with 4 coats of semi-gloss lacquer. The red will match the Red Glow Audio amp. The sound is amazingly detailed and full. The grills pictured came from M&K via ebay and will only be used for protection when not being played. By the way, I also use AN 6.5" cast frame full range in other reflex boxes and I must say that for the money I don't belive you can go wrong with the Audio Nirvana drivers. IMHO

Attachments

• DSC03855.JPG
    DSC03855.JPG
    539.1 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC03854.JPG
    DSC03854.JPG
    526.6 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC03861.JPG
    DSC03861.JPG
    503.5 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC03862.JPG
    DSC03862.JPG
    633.6 KB · Views: 157
  • red_phones3_1.jpg
    red_phones3_1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 154
  • spkrbox.jpg
    spkrbox.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 115
My first QW transmission line build!!!
These are desk top TQWP for my son for Xmas, he is also getting a Glow Audio SET tube amp for Xmas. They will be used in a bedroom and will augmented with a Pinnacle Subsonic subwooffer. The sub utilizes to 6.5" opposed drivers and is only 8x8x8" but does a tremendous job for those below 150hz cycles. The dimensions are 9hx7dx7w and made of 1/2" Baltic Birtch. The line is 20.89" for the Audio Nirvana 3" drivers that have have a Fs of 141hz and a xmax of 2mm. The fill is crimped dacron which averages out at the .5lbs per cu ft. and the finish is a Red analine transparent stain with 4 coats of semi-gloss lacquer. The red will match the Red Glow Audio amp. The sound is amazingly detailed and full. The grills pictured came from M&K via ebay and will only be used for protection when not being played. By the way, I also use AN 6.5" cast frame full range in other reflex boxes and I must say that for the money I don't belive you can go wrong with the Audio Nirvana drivers. IMHO

cute as hell

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.