Fullranger wins Stereophile Product of the Year - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th November 2011, 12:34 PM   #21
coldcut is offline coldcut  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Prices in EU

VOXATIV Full range drive units

Since it's through a dealership, -19% vat -45% of what's left, and there is the factory outlet prices.

Get in line, please.

Last edited by coldcut; 12th November 2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 25th November 2011, 06:27 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

I heard the Voxativ Ampeggio a few days ago. I selected Ry Cooder's Buena Vista social club cd.
The sound was very nice, excellent spatial rendering, detailed, transparant highs without being aggressive and tuneful bass information. General quality reminded me of a Bert Doppenberg system with AER drivers that I once heard. Fostex has good products gor the price, yet this is really another level if you can afford it. The flip of the coin was that the bass, while quite ok, wasn't the deepest and firmest. As a whole the speaker was very nice, however for rock probably not the best choice.
A bit later the same day i heard the most recent iteration of the Avant Garde Uno speaker, using front horns for mid (a proprietary wide range driver, from 300hz upwards) and high (compression driver based) coupled with an active bass. Older avant gardes were said to have a problem integrating the active bass with the horn based mid and high. However this new version didn't have the issue, the sound was one whole. I must say at at equally stratospheric price levels, the avant garde convinced me more than the voxativ, it was simply more universal with its nice firm bass, and equally detailed and spatial in the higher frequencies. Also remarkablehow they sounded equally nice at several loudness levels.
Old 25th November 2011, 09:04 AM   #23
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin

"At first sight, the Voxativ Ampeggio's measured performance doesn't look impressive. But I keep returning to that superbly flat in-room response as being most indicative of what I heard at the audio shows and in Art's room. And that genuine 98dB sensitivity means that the Ampeggio will give satisfyingly high sound-pressure levels even with flea-watt tube amplifiers."óJohn Atkinson

Yep ole John'o , still cracks me up.............

"These give rise to a rather hashy-looking treble in the Ampeggio's cumulative spectral-decay plot" - John Atkinson

Choose your poison , it's audio, all's good ......................

Hide this!Advertise here!