pls recommend enclosure for merill dca 4.5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello AAudio ... Sir Anthony, is that you? This is Daniel, used to buy your speakers (bookshelf, floorstander, coaxial) before I started thinking of making my own.

Anyway, regarding quality plywood in the Philippines, I haven't found any birch plywood at all, and I'd imagine that'd be expensive as it would have to be imported in.

The best I've found so far locally is Tuff brand marine plywood. From research, a lot of people have vouched that almost all samples are void free, not prone to delamination, and are of multi-ply construction. Their 18mm plywood for example has 11 plys. I haven't found anything else that has the same number of plies or more.

Looks like you're cooking up something new sir. Good luck to you! :)

I see ... apologies for the confusion ... I had confused you with someone I knew selling his custom A-Audio brand of speakers. I hope you can understand given the similarity with your user name.

Anyway, regarding Tuff plywood ... It's something that is not available in hardware stores and would have to be sourced directly from its distributors. The following is a link to a page listing all known distributors in the philippines.

pinoyboats.org forum :: View topic - TUFFPLY DISTRIBUTORS

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.