Wide version of Classic GR dMar-Ken7.3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks! And sorry to be such a pest with all these questions :eek: But how come the port length is different on the wide and the slim version of the CHR-70.3 cabinet? The box is also slightly bigger than the CGR Alpair 7.3. You wouldn't know what port length I should aim for if I use the CGR Alpair 7.3 cabinet but with CHR-70.3 drivers?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
All the cabinets should be the same size, they are literally a cut & paste and then adjust the vents. I did do a thourough rework of the detail for the A7.3 and there have likely been revisions to rationalize for metric (ie getting dimensions to land on whole mm). There is also a good chance that mistakes have crept in.

dave

Your CGR cabinet for the CHR-70 is 15mm wider than for the 7.3, so something happened when copy/pasting.

As I already have all the panels made for the 7.3 cabinet I'll go for these measurements and then use WinISD to calculate the port length depending on the driver.

Since I have three cabs I think I'll try the Alpair 7.3, the CHR-70.3, and the EL70. Although they sound differently, I've seen some good feedback on all of these drivers. It'll be interesting to compare them.

My son of 11 did build a tube amplifier kit (with some help reading the schema) and needed also speakers. He build the wide Soren version and we think both they sound great. Thanks for the plans. In the picture is one almost finished in front of my kirishima.
They are now finished and painted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
CHR70s, A7, new CHP, CHBW, & the FF125wk all fit into the same CGR with only changes in the venting. You can see what i did by referring to the designs posted in the Mark Audio box library at p10-hifi. If they aren't there poke me and i'll remedy that.

dave

Sorry Dave not to get off track but, what you wrote reminded me of this story. (LOL) Poke me and I will Remedy that. It reminds me of a dog who goe's up and pokes the other dogs neck (like a wood pecker or a seal) to get them to play with her. Animals are so funny at times and other times what a trip. ( If only humans had a heart like a dog the world would be a better place). Jm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.