Driver mounting/installation issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Zman, I'll definitely report back with further breaking in. I can only assume that they'll just keep getting better and better. I sense that you guys were left wanting more bass due to the small-ish size of the Mar-Ken enclosures. My initial findings in this department were positive, as I believe the Pensil cabinets are a tried and trued design for extracting the utmost potential from Mark's drivers.

I'd say build yourself a pair, if you're not happy with the results, there isn't much loss as far as materials and time goes. They're easy enough to knock out in a couple hours.

Cheers,
Steven

You defined the most important parameter already. Your room size. Mine is 16 x 16 and open on one side. Since you clearly have access to the proper equipment, you should build a dMarKen. Tell me what you think. Only took me a day to build and i don't have a dedicated shop. It would work perfectly in your room.

Mark, I just wanted to take the time to thank you for an amazing product. I've now broken the drivers in for a total of about 50 hours per your instructions. I'm beyond amazed at how great these drivers sound. Simply stunning tonal accuracy, imaging, and everything else. I just can't believe that these sound this great. Thank you!

Just for reference. The 7.3's are being provided power by a Class D Audio SDS-224 amp and an Audio-GD NFB12 Dac/Preamp combo. Simply perfect combination. The speakers will draw you in with their lush detail and make you late for work. I love it! Also, for those who want to know what my newest speaker build with the 7.3's look like, here's a website where you can view my builds. There's also an album on there for my amp build as well as other various builds. Http://Szaiontz.imgur.com

Hi Steven,
Glad you're enjoying the drivers and thanks for the vote of confidence, much welcomed. I'll take a look at the amps your using. I'm interested in taking a look at class D's.
Cheers
Mark.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.