Tweeter to complimant CHP-70 in Frugel-HOrn Mk3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
CHP old or new?

I was going to suggest ERT26 as well. Colin has had good results using it on the CHP FH3s he has build. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/192083-frugal-super-tweeter.html

The solid wood wouldbe my aesthetic choice, Colin just mounted them in a 3" postal mailing tube, i'd use a chunk of PVC (3" if you just want to end mount it, 4" if you are up to shaping a baffle to give some round-over. Use 2 pieces of dowel and some string (or similar) to create a "stan" similar to those provided with the Fostex.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

dave

They are the new ones. I have a new spiral upcut router bit that I purchased to make the speaker cut out for the Frugel-Horns. Now I want to try it out on this tweeter design with the Mahogany. It will be something new for me to try out and I am a big fan of using solid wood. I am thinking about making a pair of Frugel-Horns from some solid cherry lumber.

A little update on my tweeter project. I have completed the wood work and have installed the actual tweeter, but I am still waiting on some parts for my cross over and the binding posts. I have included some pics.

Attachments

• IMAG0478.jpg
    IMAG0478.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 542
  • IMAG0515.jpg
    IMAG0515.jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 513
  • IMAG0516.jpg
    IMAG0516.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 504
  • IMAG0517.jpg
    IMAG0517.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 491
  • IMAG0522.jpg
    IMAG0522.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 198
  • IMAG0524.jpg
    IMAG0524.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMAG0525.jpg
    IMAG0525.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 172
I received all the components for my cross over and the binding posts. Have not yet assembled the cross over, but I did put the bind post on last night. That was a pain to do, there was very little room for me work to get everything nice and tight. It looks good, will get pics on here in the next few days.

I used the tutorial in the Multi-Way section (which was very informative and easy to follow), to design my first cross over. Next step is to get it all assembled, will be first time soldering electrical components.

I have finally finished the cross over and tweeter. They look great and sound good. I have included the diagram of my cross over design. Is there any changes or upgrades that would make the whole system sound better. I used Dayton resistors and capacitors. For the inductors I used Jantzen. I have it crossing over at 3.5khz.

Attachments

• Cross Over Design V1.JPG
    Cross Over Design V1.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 236
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.