Wild Burro Betsy with Plugs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought I would post a couple shots of OB Betsy with
her new phase plugs.

Attachments

• Open Baffle Betsy's 016.JPG
    Open Baffle Betsy's 016.JPG
    921 KB · Views: 303
  • Open Baffle Betsy's 004.jpg
    Open Baffle Betsy's 004.jpg
    645.7 KB · Views: 280
Looks like the gap around the plug might be rather large- you want it as close to the former (without rubbing!) as possible. A couple wraparounds with electrical tape near the base of the plug (where it'll be hidden) would do the job. You want a low-clearance so that you have only a high impedance path from the back of the driver to the front. Not likely nearly so much of an issue on OB as on another alignment, but nevertheless worth checking out.

BTW, I love your moniker.

Actually the gap is as tight as it can be without rubbing cone
but thanks for feedback.

Looks like the gap around the plug might be rather large- you want it as close to the former (without rubbing!) as possible. A couple wraparounds with electrical tape near the base of the plug (where it'll be hidden) would do the job. You want a low-clearance so that you have only a high impedance path from the back of the driver to the front. Not likely nearly so much of an issue on OB as on another alignment, but nevertheless worth checking out.

BTW, I love your moniker.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.