Novice build of Silbury

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hi, sorry but thats pure marketing speak tosh, it does nothing of the sort in any effective sense, rgds, sreten.

Ron Clarke does nothing without a reason. He has some very advanced proprietary modeling tools* that allow him to actually see this expansion. Then proven in practise.

*(Based on tools that keep billions of litres of fluid in their pipes)

The expansion is allegedly "Hypex" whatever than means, but properly tapered expansions will work better.
The design is simplistic, with parallel sections, it could easily be modified for 3 section tapers, YMMV.

And with 3 tapered sections it would not work as well. The discontinuities & expansions followed by reductions act as low pass filters that keep the higher frequencies out of the mouth output. Work pioneered by Harry Olson, and refined by Tetsuo Nagaoka.

Theory is fine, but the proof is in the pudding.

dave

Hi, sorry but thats pure marketing speak tosh, it does nothing of the sort in any effective sense, rgds, sreten.

The expansion is allegedly "Hypex" whatever than means, but properly tapered expansions will work better.
The design is simplistic, with parallel sections, it could easily be modified for 3 section tapers, YMMV.

well then, care to share your design portfolio or build gallery?

uncertain - hence the "if" not "when" - seriously, has anyone experienced grief with this technique, or had opportunity to compare to sand / kitty litter, etc?
This large of a void space isn't something i ever dealt with in a build. Honestly i didn't even know expandable foam was considered a technique used, let alone a acceptable one. I'll infer it is since you asked about experiencing grief with it, just not a tech you've used:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.