Tang Band W4-1320SIF $38 @PE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The neo version, W4-1320SJ, is one of the few small (5 inch and under) full range drivers that I could live with in the long run. It has a remarkably smooth response to the ear and is detailed without being analytical. Lastly, it has (to my ears) no intolerable 'worts'. When used in corners or especially on OB over an H-frame, it needs no frequency contouring (to my ears). It has a lively coherent sound that is characteristic of full range drivers. Its most important shortcoming to my ears is that it does not have as much of the natural, effortless sense of musical flow that some of the larger drivers have. What is needed is a reasonably priced driver that combines both qualities. The SJ's punch way above their price point even now. Hope the ceramic model comes close.

Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.