open baffle project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With the dimensions of the room I decided to add a good amount of absorbing panels. I went about this in a bit of a different way. I decided to cut out the drywall and go into the wall so I wouldn't have 4" thick panels hanging on the wall.
20180228_144748.jpg

20180228_144755.jpg

20180228_154323.jpg

Added conduit for the speaker wire.

Finished trim paint and the room is complete. Clean and simple look. Really pleased with the results. The speakers are rock solid...the imaging is crazy precise...speakers perform much better with the room treatment.

2018-04-30 06.56.40.jpg

20180816_153932.jpg

20180816_154641-1.jpg

Wiring is nice and tidy. No visible wires from the listening position.

I will get some pics of the speakers when I get off work. While the paint work was fantastic, the fit was terrible. I told the guy not to mess with the edges of the inserts because I had them fitting perfectly. Turns out someone else did the work and the guy I talked to didn't fill him in. I got the inserts several days after everything that was painted black and then took a couple of weeks to get some time off to do the assembly. It wasn't till then that I found out that nothing fit right. I went back to the place to see what could be done and they were out of business......lesson learned I guess. I should have checked through every step of the paint process.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.