Woden Design (Wessex ML-TL) Aluminum Cabinet ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, Im new to the speaker design world so please bear with me... I am looking at the Dual Driver, CHR-70, Wessex ML-TL cabinet design with the drivers mounted on the short side as in page two (left side) here: http://homepage.mac.com/tlinespeakers/Woden/downloads/Wessex-MLTL-0v92-151209.pdf

I am looking to keep the same design, however, I want the front and back to be 5.5" with a curved 2.25" radius. I will keep the exact same height 43.5" and adjust the depth of the cabinet to match the total volume. Is this a feasable change to the design? Just looking into my options as my material limits the box dimensions slightly. I have both 1/2" and 3/8" stock and want a curved front and back. I have included a top view for a better understanding.

Thanks - I am completely impressed with this forum and the Mark Audio Support...

Attachments

• top view speaker draft.jpg
    top view speaker draft.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 212
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The critical parameters are internal height, cross-section, vent size & distance from the bottom, and (average) driver distance from the top (with 2 facing the same way as close as possible). You can change cross-section shape as long as you don't get a severe aspect ratio or change the area. I did similar when i morped Scott's EL166 ML-TL to make out MTM FAST. When we finish playing with the design we will add some biggish champhers to the sides.

236415d1313907089-8th-annual-vancouver-island-diyfest-2011-mtms.jpg

dave

Dave, very cool, thanks for the fast response. I am assuming the cross sectional change is not too severe, I am keeping the same internal height, port size and speaker height placement as the original. My other concern was the curved front and back portions and any problems that may arise due to that change.

-Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.