Alpair 7 & cabinets - opinions sought

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sure, no problem, the amount of damping likely required to flatten/roll off any peaking at Fb will make it semi-aperiodic. Frankly, for such alignments I prefer high aspect ratio slot vents to minimize stuffing density at the vent, so for the experimenter, using a ~3/4" high, cab width slot at the bottom seems a good place to start.

GM

Sorry to dig up an old post ... but ... I was talking with Mark @ AXPONA and am looking to build a double-duty 5.1 speaker system with Pensil 7.3's for my fronts. I don't like the depth for the location I have and ran across the GM A73 MLTL plans. I like the height of the driver much better also. Has anyone built these? Any mods from the original plan and does anyone have a stuffing volume recommendation?

Center and rears will be 7.3's in sealed 5-6L enclosures. We sit at the rear wall and currently have Klipsch Quintet's on their mounts angled down. I was thinking of building a tapered box and mounting directly to the wall to angle the driver down ~30 degrees. Just curious on thoughts at that angle vs. off-axis response?

Bottom end c/o a Carver 8" Terminator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.