Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th September 2011, 04:17 PM   #11
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbond3rd View Post
2. Dave, can you say whether MJK's software was utilized and whether Madisound has become an MJK licensee?
Yes, yes.

Quote:
3. Is this plan available for purchase or exclusively available through the Madisound flat-pak project?
You will need to talk to Madisound. The design was gifted to them to with what they want. Because of a scarcity of FE126En it has taken a year to get from there to here.

dave
Old 9th September 2011, 06:30 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
In a word, no - but there are numerous other designs that work very well for the Alpairs, including a small (rear mouth) horn intended to be far more compliant to using a wider range of drivers of this size range, and whose name shouldn't be hard to find.
The FHMk3 is a consideration for me. Size and shape is pretty much like the Brynn IIRC. No mFonkens for me for now.

I've been practicing recutting the driver hole in a BIB just to drop an MA speak in to see what happens. First attempt was less than satisfactory but that's my router technique to blame.
Old 9th September 2011, 06:44 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

>>> Can the BK be interpreted for the Alpair 7 or CHR70?
>>> In a word, no – but…

I wish it was as simple as designing a box tuned for a certain frequency and simply dropping drivers in.
Old 9th September 2011, 06:48 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
Yes, yes.
Hi Dave, fantastic!

Maybe these will be at RMAF in Madisound's room. If so, I will definitely give them a listen.
Old 9th September 2011, 06:57 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
>>> Can the BK be interpreted for the Alpair 7 or CHR70?
>>> In a word, no – but…

I wish it was as simple as designing a box tuned for a certain frequency and simply dropping drivers in.
And *I* wish there was a BIB spreadsheet for all speakers.

But off topic for this thread.
Old 9th September 2011, 07:08 PM   #16
chrisb is online now chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
The FHMk3 is a consideration for me. Size and shape is pretty much like the Brynn IIRC. No mFonkens for me for now.
Well actually without additional feet / outriggers like Colin's excellent design, the FH taller (~900mm) and deeper but not as wide as the Brynn, but most significantly in terms of room placement is that the rear mouth exit does require at least some distance from rear / corner boundaries. For the FE126E, retaining proximity to the corners for reinforcement will probably work best for most folks - with other drivers shown to work in this enclosure that's not required at all.

While the mFonken is surprisingly good, it was never really intended as more than a near field mini / computer monitor unless supplemented by woofers - (generally I'd suggest stereo and XO in the upper mid-bass range for these guys)

Quote:

I've been practicing recutting the driver hole in a BIB just to drop an MA speak in to see what happens. First attempt was less than satisfactory but that's my router technique to blame.
what mr Zilla said - even with a perfectly machined fit, chances are hit or miss that the BIB (or many other designs) would work as well as with the drivers for which they were intended
Old 9th September 2011, 07:31 PM   #17
Greg B is offline Greg B  United States
diyAudio Member

Looks great! I don't suppose you guys tried or sim'ed this horn with the FE108EZ?
Old 9th September 2011, 08:27 PM   #18
chrisb is online now chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loninappleton View Post
And *I* wish there was a BIB spreadsheet for all speakers.

But off topic for this thread.

well, IINM, Jeff had one for sure, but life has got in the way of plans to update his site
Old 9th September 2011, 08:39 PM   #19
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbond3rd View Post
3. Is this plan available for purchase
It looks like the plan will be freely downloadable. I just did a bunch of detail revisions for Madisound to prep it for release.

dave
Old 9th September 2011, 08:41 PM   #20
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
Looks great! I don't suppose you guys tried or sim'ed this horn with the FE108EZ?
No we didn't but given how often FE126 & FE108eS are interchanged i suspect someone will.

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!