Audio Nirvana 2.8 cabinets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
29 1/4 inch from bottom of speaker to the center of the driver.
13 1/2 to the center of 6 inch port.

If you buy the drivers from commonsense audio they will include the cabinet plans.

How do the sound?

I like them a lot for Jazz and vocals. Do not prefer them for loud Rock, too much shout. In the past few days I have been playing with a minidsp 2x4 and I have tamed them for Rock. I use a different source on my preamp to select the unfiltered versus the minidsp.

Italian? 5th generation Caribbean Corsican.

Alfredo

Ok undestood.

I know if you buy drivers commonsense audio gives you plans too. The fact is that I have to build these cabinets for a friend who bought used drivers and he has no plans. But with your indications I think I've all in my hands. The project is very similar to Fostex FE206 Bass Reflex that I've built last year. Dimensions are greater but the concept seems the same.

I use Tang Band speakers and Lowther too, expecially these last. I've built Bicor 200 and Acousta 116 cabinets for Lowther.

If you want to share some tips I'll appreciate.

Thanks for all

As you can see from the pictures, I used R30 insulation and stapled it with a pneumatic stapler, it compresses the insulation nicely. I also used pocket holes and glue to build the box. It is much quicker this way as I did not need to use clamps. I then filled the pocket holes with glue and dowel. Making the box is very easy, veneering is more work. I used the glue/hot iron method. Plenty of wood on one veneer side and the box sides. Two coats each. Once dry, use a hot iron to bond the veneer to the box.

Good luck.

Alfredo

Hi Alfredo, I've purchased Titebond II so now I can try iron veneering. A question about: did you use a vacuum press or an analogue system or is it enough to squeeze very well veneer with hot iron and veneering hammer? I have no press at all and I suppose it is not possible to use it working with a complete cabinet.
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.