Audio Nirvana 2.8 cabinets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Alfredo, during last week end I've tried few solutions to glue two veneer sheets one close to other. I've tried to glue them separately keeping care tu set the second perfectly attached to the first, but after ironing I've obtained a 2 or 3 mm gap between them.
So i've tried to keep them together using paper adhesive band, as well as I'm doing when using contact glue, but the result was the same: 2-3 mm gap.
Can you help me please?
Many thanks

For the large speaker cabinet i used single piece veneer. When i have done veneering with multiple pieces i have done a couple of things.

One, as pictured on the link, is to leave an overlap between the two veneer pieces. Iron carefully as close to the intersection (without bonding the overlapp), then using a sharp blade cut a new edge for both at the same time, remove the excess, align the new edgess so they butt against each other and finally iron the edge.

Second, butt the two edges together and place blue masking tape over the edge (before applying the glue). After you apply the glue and let dry, start ironing the seam first so that it puuls the veneer towards the center of the seam. Then you can iron from the seam out. You always need to leave a small overlapp on all sides that need to be trimmed later.

Good luck

Alfredo

Well now I have to try! First solution seems to be easier... seems!!! Another way could be give veneer to my supplier who has a special tool to sew them together on the rear side with a very thin plastic wire, but I suspect that ironing this wire melts and tho pieces move.
Thanks you are very polite!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.