Alpair 7&Selenium 12pw3 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am aware that this combo probably has no sense what so ever, but these are drivers i am currently stuck with :D. Maybe H baffle on Selenium, and OB for Alpairs ? I have built Pencil 7 cabinets and was extremely satisfied with sound, but i had to move in bigger room and now have bass issues that i want to solve with bigger driver, like selenium i own.

Last edited:
I think this would be a great combination actually. Looking at the specs for the Selenium it's not perfect for an open baffle type of system but 'kind of' close that it might not matter much. If using a dedicated sub amp you'd have flexibility to dial the bass to your taste. The question is to go open baffle at all? You could consider something like this:

Alnico Saba Speakers Endorphine P21

You'd have to modify for a 12" driver and deal with the 'not so perfect' (but possibly very enjoyable) bass. Or you can design an appropriate box (probably ported) for the 12" and place the Alpair on an ob or in its own small box and place it on top. You can literally seal up the Alpair (tho i would like to try them on ob since many love them this way) and mount them on top of whatever you make for the Sel.

https://picasaweb.google.com/102683...key=Gv1sRgCL3-uv2Z8KOgyAE#5627580330646289442

I think it's a very workable and good combination of drivers. I would enjoy having them and designing a great sounding system with them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.