Fostex FE-206E OR FE-208 Sigma

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Which driver is better for a backloaded horn speaker FE206E or FE208Sigma? FE206E goes up to 20kHz, FE208 goes only to 14kHz??!!

How about FE208 and a supertweeter?

Which cabinet is the best for this driver? I have seen plans of Jericho horn and they look promissing.

Thanks,
Jan

It's either-or

either the FE206E

of the FE208EZ with T90A

Depends whether or not you want to use the supertweeter, or single source.

I'm using FE206E's in front loaded horns - they seem a little lacking in the highs - however, it is common in FL horns to have drooping response in the highs - and Larry Moore and Dave Auckerman think the FE206E gives excellent high end response in their horns - which are parabolic whereas mine are LeCleac'h flare.

I'm still not sold on one driver doing 6+ octaves.

I have never heard it but I have heard a lot of good things about Martin King's ML- TQWT http://www.quarter-wave.com

I would either build martins project or the Fostex plans at Madisound.

The reason I'm saying this, is I think I will probably wind up with PM5A's in my horns ( designed to counter the drooping top end in front horns) and will build the FE206E cabinets that are similar and use them for surrounds.

If I don't get the bucks for that, I'll put in FE208EZ Sigma's in the horns with t90A's

Regards

Caution: Now that Mars is approaching Earth (look for the reddish dot in the eastern sky)...anything can happen :) even threads like this...just to remind me that I have a pair of Fe206e hidden in dark boxes...I bought them in 2003 or 2004, but after a short use, they were condemned and abandoned, because they were bloodily screaming at me, like Vampires who will bite any innocent ear...sometimes I think about them, but immediately I got tinnitus, reminding me that they won`t see the sunshine...until I figure out how to tame them.... Muahaha....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.