Cello speaker with Mark Audio Alpair 12 driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• cello speaker mk II. (3).JPG
    cello speaker mk II. (3).JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 397
  • cello speaker mk II. (5).JPG
    cello speaker mk II. (5).JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 351
  • cello speaker mk II. (9).JPG
    cello speaker mk II. (9).JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 346
Very creative, imaginative, and Avant-garde, good job!:cool:

Does the pedestal have an internal woofer or something? I notice what looks to be a port on the back of it, but on the bottom of the cello are only binding posts, so not for the cello part of the design etc ?.

Last edited:
Ah yes, I thought maybe he had some kind of bandpass thing going on with the pedestal.. Would be a great place to add a sub/low frequency helper woofer if desired etc:cool:

The pedestal doesn`t have any audible function at the moment, possibly later on. The hole on the back of it is just for the external wire. The cello body has an appropriate bookshelf reflex cabinet within.

This is the 2nd generation anyway, the 1st (on the pictures) didn`t work properly.

The 3rd will be maybe a back loaded horn type, I will build the cello body and the pedestal together.

And the 4th gen (if there will be any :D) will be a multi-way system. Maybe...

Attachments

• cello speaker mk I. (2).JPG
    cello speaker mk I. (2).JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 320
  • cello speaker mk I. (4).JPG
    cello speaker mk I. (4).JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 275
  • cello speaker mk I. (5).JPG
    cello speaker mk I. (5).JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 107
Ah yes, I thought maybe he had some kind of bandpass thing going on with the pedestal.. Would be a great place to add a sub/low frequency helper woofer if desired etc:cool:

The pedestal doesn`t have any audible function at the moment, possibly later on. The hole on the back of it is just for the external wire. The cello body has an appropriate bookshelf reflex cabinet within.

This is the 2nd generation anyway, the 1st (on the pictures) didn`t work properly.

The 3rd will be maybe a back loaded horn type, I will build the cello body and the pedestal together.

And the 4th gen (if there will be any :D) will be a multi-way system. Maybe...

ahh, great
well, some of those details, neck and all, its a lot of work

Correct. 1000`s of hours on my feet in the workshop. Did it worth it? Well, soundwise I can say: yes. A friend of mine compared them to this:

Focal Diablo Utopia, high end audiophile bookshelf loudspeakers

and he found just tiny little difference in bass details. He said: it is impossible. He is a French high-end enthusiast, anyway.

Businesswise? A proper disaster so far. I am working on to launch to manufacture them in small edition series, but it takes even more time than create the prototypes. They are still just prototypes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.