chp-70 coniston or lotus cabinet ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i recently built some frugal horns and now have the speaker building bug, i like the paper chp-70 drivers so my question is what cabinet should i use the lotus or the coniston i know there similar but i can't work out which one the chp is ment for.

thanks in advance

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
That's because neither were designed for the CHP. ;) Coniston is for the EL70. Lotus was designed for the Gen.1 CHR. The Gen.2 CHR was a drop-in replacement; I haven't yet checked whether it will need any revising for the current Gen.3 CHR & Gen.2 CHP.

CHR70.3 drops into my CHR-Ken. But they are not 100% the same (ie i can now do a vented milli)

CHP70 (ones made at the same time as EL70) are fairly close to EL70. CHP70.3 (latest ones) and quite different than original and fit into a Kal-El same size as CHR-Ken but tuned a bit higher.

This suggests to me that, if one is going to talk a flyer and barring a a Lotus.3M or Lotus.3P, old CHP goes into Coniston, new CHP goes into Lotus

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.