Alp12 (or Alp10.2) For OB Line Array Use

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mark and fellow DIYers,

I have 8 of Alp12 that I am interested to use as an OB line array or possibly an omni line array. After hearing a couple of Alp12 during slow breakin process, I think it's possible to use them for the Omni.

I will have a dedicated woofer array or (subwoofers) under 100Hz and XO the Alp12s above 100Hz. Is it better to XO them higher than the 100Hz?

And if the HF extension doesn't sum up for the Alp12, I have an array of Ribbon Tweets Standing by.

FWIW, I will have DCX2495 temporarily as an active XO to find optimal XO points. But the question is what is the comfortable Frequencies for the LF and HF and keeps Alpairs where they sounds best.

I know full well that the Alp12 performs very nicely as Full Ranger. But I just have to have that Ribbon Sound. :D

Thoughts?

Thanks,
James

PS. I also have a plan for the Alp10.2 OB line array project but that's for later.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.