HIVI B3S Enclosure Feedback?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I really like the design of the Zaph B3S, just wanted something a little smaller. All sides will be made of 3/4" Birch or Bamboo. Volume is calculated at 146.25 cubic inches (~2.4 liters). External dimensions will be 7"x 4.75"x 9" (lwh). Is there a reason to have the driver positioned in the center like on the Zaphs? Aesthetically I like them off a little. Any glaring concerns with this enclosure design? Thanks.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi,

I cannot see any issues at all. With the driver Vas being 0.8L the box is
big for the driver and you could reduce H and D a little for ~ 2L internal.

If being high passed filtered (AV set to small) Vbox 1.5L to 2.5L.

Driver centre 0.6 of baffle height is the classic ratio.

rgds, sreten.

I think they are placed centrally so it can be used as a centre on its side.
Offsetting them to 0.6 won't effect things much, the width = main issue.

Last edited:
The other Boris, I guess the baffle width affects the baffle step more. Placement does affect frequency response but I suspect you may not need to modify the BSC for that, as long as the speakers are placed on the "right" side... I am with Sreten on this, just do what you're doing. (Oh, the other Boris had added that. Sorry for overlapping but I'm keeping this just to let you know there are more supporters on this matter.)

And for BSC, it depends on your placement. If they are intended to use on desktop, you may not need BSC at all, or maybe just 3dB. I've made a pair of bipole speakers and they sound too boomy, so don't try to have 6dB of BSC.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.