Wooden 3" Full Ranger

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A number of years back I had an "executive" mini JVC table top stereo that had a driver just like that. They were in rather small BR cabinets and actually sounded decent. I bet there is plenty of potential there in the right cabinet (what it is I have no idea). Paired with a nice chip amp........maybe in a Zigmahornet?.....they would be fun to play with and they look sooooo cool.

hmmm...the shielding bucket/cup really doesn't seem very good quality, i.e. not centred ;)
The cones do look nice - I'd like more wooden texture on them...but they need to work on the basket aesthetic design a little...For now, I'll stay with my $2.50 Sony paper cones, which have the same looking dust-cap and size.... ;)

I think it's positioned in the niche market without any doubt.
For slightly more you can buy the whole mini system, i.e. wooden cone speakers + integrated amp, from JVC. I think they are actually selling a few different versions of that and you can choose between integrated amps of different power and some have built-in DVD player while some have CD player.

The mini system looks and feels neat, the speakers are really well built but not sure if they are that well designed as they sound a bit underwhelming to my ears. Overall a really nice bedroom system that will not trouble your trouble and strife.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.