Visaton B80

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally my 7.1 channels system up and running. AV amp is Yamaha's RV-X583, front speakers is Visaton's Bijou, center and surround speakers are Visaton B80 with sealed enclosure with volume of 1.3l. Initial impression is, not bad, better than last time when I run all channels with BG20. No sub for the moment.

How did you come up with that volume of 1.3 litres for the B80?

1.3 litres sealed shows the cutoff at 205Hz. That means no bass. Later, that will be asking a lot from a sub, and going that high, it will be easily located.

The B80 sealed is happier in something close to 8 litres... but you could go down to 4 litres and still be ok-ish.

How did you come up with that volume of 1.3 litres for the B80?

1.3 litres sealed shows the cutoff at 205Hz. That means no bass. Later, that will be asking a lot from a sub, and going that high, it will be easily located.

The B80 sealed is happier in something close to 8 litres... but you could go down to 4 litres and still be ok-ish.
I target 1l actaully, but because of cutting the MDF by my friend, it is ended up to 1.3l. Now phase 2 plan is getting a 3D printer and redo again.
I don't want bass from the fullrange anyway.

Maybe not a sub but a FAST with woofer closely separate would be fine even with 400Hz to 600Hz XO. 3.5in full range drivers really should not go under 250Hz if you want to keep it low distortion - so FAST is really the ideal implementation. 1.3L is fine for FAST with >200Hz XO.
That's why front I got a pair of Bijou, this is to cater the bass. So next is getting my sub to be hooked up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.