jbl fullrange - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th July 2011, 08:36 AM   #1
Thawach is offline Thawach  Thailand
diyAudio Member

Default jbl fullrange

hi all

i've just got the jbl fullrange. and here is the specs 8130h the first i think to design v pipe. but now still don't sure with any box. all friends help me think that ill go?

thanks all
Old 30th July 2011, 10:03 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

That speaker is designed mainly for paging and background music. It's often used with a transformer to utilize the 70/25v output off of a pa amp. You can remove the transformer and use a regular amp, but I wouldn't expect great results. With an fs of 105 hz, it's going to need some help in the bass department. Your best option would probably be open baffle with a helper woofer.
Old 30th July 2011, 06:22 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

thanks bob ill try to build v pipe. and listen it if its poor bass. ill try to consider about the sub again. it's a pa driver ,i wouldn't expect a good result with it too much. but only hope that may make me enjoy the music, sometime diy can make me happy more than anything else.
Old 31st July 2011, 03:11 PM   #4
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Box wise from published specs, it ideally wants to 'feel' either a ~44 Hz BLH or OB and wide BW 'helper' woofer with a ~250 Hz XO, so a compromise would be a ~22 Hz BIB pipe horn and hope the room loads it down enough to protect the driver when driven down into the low 40s.

GM
Old 31st July 2011, 03:28 PM   #5
borispm is offline borispm  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to borispm
OB should be interesting with such a high Qts...
Old 31st July 2011, 03:43 PM   #6
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

In what way? With a 250 Hz XO it's rolled off below its mass corner rendering its medium high Q moot.

GM
Old 31st July 2011, 04:03 PM   #7
borispm is offline borispm  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to borispm
Maybe a lower XO can be used with that sort of high Qts...
Old 19th August 2011, 08:54 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
Box wise from published specs, it ideally wants to 'feel' either a ~44 Hz BLH or OB and wide BW 'helper' woofer with a ~250 Hz XO, so a compromise would be a ~22 Hz BIB pipe horn and hope the room loads it down enough to protect the driver when driven down into the low 40s.

GM
Thankz! my fa..fat..fat..ther,i come too late because have a lot of design PA horn speaker. i did a lot of plans as a same time until was sick.Click the image to open in full size.

i think u're fine and your heath is good. jbl still don't do. Gm i fine Penton SP8053 in thailand . it's quite cheap. i think ill try. and about the sub i see this XCV 1200
from utube wow! love it i like the light of leds. sorry no has dealer in thailand. and agian i see the FR10 HM
in thailand, it's not expensive. i thing to buy all. if visaton fullrange works like satellite sp in ht. hope that works fine? GM any comment? thanks again for all.
Click the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!