jbl fullrange

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That speaker is designed mainly for paging and background music. It's often used with a transformer to utilize the 70/25v output off of a pa amp. You can remove the transformer and use a regular amp, but I wouldn't expect great results. With an fs of 105 hz, it's going to need some help in the bass department. Your best option would probably be open baffle with a helper woofer.

thanks bob ill try to build v pipe. and listen it if its poor bass. ill try to consider about the sub again. it's a pa driver ,i wouldn't expect a good result with it too much. but only hope that may make me enjoy the music, sometime diy can make me happy more than anything else.

GM

Joined 2003
Box wise from published specs, it ideally wants to 'feel' either a ~44 Hz BLH or OB and wide BW 'helper' woofer with a ~250 Hz XO, so a compromise would be a ~22 Hz BIB pipe horn and hope the room loads it down enough to protect the driver when driven down into the low 40s.

GM

Box wise from published specs, it ideally wants to 'feel' either a ~44 Hz BLH or OB and wide BW 'helper' woofer with a ~250 Hz XO, so a compromise would be a ~22 Hz BIB pipe horn and hope the room loads it down enough to protect the driver when driven down into the low 40s.

GM

Thankz! my fa..fat..fat..ther,i come too late because have a lot of design PA horn speaker. i did a lot of plans as a same time until was sick.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i think u're fine and your heath is good. jbl still don't do. Gm i fine Penton SP8053 in thailand . it's quite cheap. i think ill try. and about the sub i see this XCV 1200
from utube wow! love it i like the light of leds. sorry no has dealer in thailand. and agian i see the FR10 HM
in thailand, it's not expensive. i thing to buy all. if visaton fullrange works like satellite sp in ht. hope that works fine? GM any comment? thanks again for all.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.