Lowther PM6c enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am new here, I have a pair of PM6c drivers and I want to build an enclosure for these, I have no idea which would be good, can anyone suggest and point me to a website with some plans. My room is not to big and I used to have the accusta 115 but these were too wide and I could not open my door properly. Any help would be really appreciated, many thanks.

Hi ludwigmaria,

Maybe Tony Gee's Solo-206 enclosure, it is designed for the Fostex FE206E, but, if you are looking for a reduced size enclosure for your Lothers, it may be of interest:

Humble Homemade Hifi

Otherwise, you may look at the possibility to use the PM6Cs open baffle with an additional woofer section, or an MLTL (mass loaded transmission line).

Regards,

Last edited:
A horn enclosure (which is what they need) is never small, but at least more recent designs can be more slender than the wide Acousta (which has a certain old-fashioned charm on it's own, if you have the space!).
For example, check out the Bicor 250 or somewhat smaller Bicor 200. You should put these against the wall, rather some 20cm from it !
BICOR 250 LOUDSPEAKER ENCLOSURE DIAGRAM FOR LOWTHER DRIVERS
http://www.lowtherloudspeakers.com/drawings/bicor200.pdf
Bicor 200 / Bicor 250 / Fidelio

The Bicor 200 or 250 should work well with the PM6c.
I don't have detailed plans. Lowther can provide them to you.

I built some 208 Sigma cabs for my Fostex 206E's. I picked up some PM6c's and tried them in the 208 sigma cab. They sounded ok, but the bass was lacking and they didn't really work. I would think the same could be said for the 206 Solo cabinet.

I did some research to see what I would need to build to get the Lowther's to soound as good as the Fostex. I reckon the Big Fun Horn, would do it.

Lowther America Prices

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

MY 206/208 Cabs

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
pm6c

Hello,
i have made good experience in different
horn constructions:
Trumpet Sat and the others,
and in the Saxophon, also working in
the other double horns.

Attachments

• saxfront2.jpg
    saxfront2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 522
  • elephantseite.jpg
    elephantseite.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 540
Hello thank you for all the responses. ... mmm I am still sitting on my lowthers PM6c. I had them in the accusta but they are too wide, Medallion, Jericho Horn, Mau horn would be all fine. Bicor does not fit because I can't place them against a wall, TQWL would be ideal as they are easy to build, but I have no plans, anybody Please I need help, ....

Lowther America has some plans that you might be interested in for the PM6C including their open-baffle at Open Baffles Lowthers. This is a very simple design to build.

I listened to Jon's OB speakers at VSAC a few years back and thought it was one of the very best sounding speakers there. I believe he used the Tone Tubbies crossed over at around 200 hZ (IIRC) for the bass duties. Very, very nice!

2.jpg

3.jpg

Best Regards,
TerryO

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.