Near full range BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd June 2012, 05:11 PM   #91
diyAudio Member

ro9397 HiWave BMR 3.5 inch round/square flange $60 now @ Parts Express.
I could not find anything on their website. The link only opens a pdf for the HIBM85C20-4/DD. I got one and measured it- see post #76. O.K. but not really impressed. I found that distortion increases a lot at the low end and I think one needs a crossover at more than 200Hz.
I email CSS before but never got any answer.
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:04 PM   #92
ro9397 is offline ro9397  United States
diyAudio Member

Here's the $61 Parts Express 3.5" BMR...PE currently lists 4 Ohm only but HW spec sheet mentions 16 Ohm also available.
Old 27th June 2012, 08:34 PM   #93
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro9397 View Post
Here's the $61 Parts Express 3.5" BMR...PE currently lists 4 Ohm only but HW spec sheet mentions 16 Ohm also available.

i bought 2 of these to mess with and one had 2 labels one scratched off other one had both labels intact the label under is catswald sound systems model number 8mr85dd-4in-001
Old 28th June 2012, 06:57 AM   #94
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
I got one Hiwave HIBM85C20-4/DD and made some initial tests. Shown in a open baffle. Looks quite good for the price except the peak at 9 kHz (also high distortion). In a 3l box identical above 5khz but a -10dB notch at 3.5 kHz. I am wondering what is the optimal enclosure as some data are missing on the HiWave website.
nether of the 2 drivers i have have the peek @ 9k or the distortion this is 2 drivers in a .55L sealed enclosure.

but i do get the same sub 300 distortion which i measured @ 7-9% but when i cut that off 300-15k dropped to under 1% at about 90db

Last edited by momomo67890; 28th June 2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 13th November 2012, 03:53 PM   #95
diyAudio Member

Not sure if anyone is still interested in this thread, but thought I'd add an update of stockists of BMR

Parts Express now have the 3.5" round BMR (ferrite) in stock at a fairly reasonable €6.79
HiWave HIBM65C20F-8 3-1/2" BMR Full-Range Speaker 8 Ohm 297-2156

For fellow brits in the UK, RS Components now stock most of the Hi-wave range of exciters and smaller BMR. Most prices are comparable with the PE, but notably the above 3.5" model is the one that's a bit more pricey:
Buy hiwave online from RS Components
Old 14th November 2012, 12:55 AM   #96
von Ah is offline von Ah  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the heads up! That is indeed one weird looking beast. The massive roll surround... That "simulated" SPL and impedance graph is odd, too (maybe worthless without reference). Someone should listen to and measure these, providing better details...
Old 14th November 2012, 09:52 AM   #97
diyAudio Member

oops. I just posted a thread about these BMR things...
Old 14th November 2012, 02:58 PM   #98
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by von.ah View Post
Thanks for the heads up! That is indeed one weird looking beast. The massive roll surround... That "simulated" SPL and impedance graph is odd, too (maybe worthless without reference). Someone should listen to and measure these, providing better details...
I actually have these coming, they should be here today
Old 14th November 2012, 04:25 PM   #99
diyAudio Member

Im interested in the oblong driver, which appears to be dual motor. Has anyone any data for them? Im having trouble finding anything.
Old 14th November 2012, 05:14 PM   #100
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by von.ah View Post
I actually have these coming, they should be here today

Hide this!Advertise here!