Bybee Magik - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th June 2011, 10:44 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Bybee Magik

I am not trying to be provocative but for the life of me I have no idea what this means:

Jack Bybee’s Golden Goddess "Super Effect" Speaker Bullets have been universally praised by audio reviewers and customers, as the most powerful of all Bybee performance-enhancing accessories. However, the combination of costly materials and labor-intensive construction has mandated a retail price of $4,200 per set of four, with two sets required for bi-wire applications.

There is a "cost effective" set of "purifying internal speaker components for a mere $1K being offered in the Bargain Basement of Parts Connection:

Bybee Internal Speaker Bullets Kit

What is being purified? There are women and children in the room so I shall refrain from my uncensored reaction, but can someone explain what this purports to objectively purify? I can be plenty incredulous and scatological without the support I am requesting. I really can't figure out what the theory of these are about.
Old 28th June 2011, 10:51 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

your bank account is being purified - emptied of the filthy lucre.

Other than that, its Scientology dressed as audio.
Old 28th June 2011, 10:57 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Yes, I too have entire stand-up I can do about the excess of snake oil in audio. But this is the low hanging fruit. What is the theory or claims of theory behind this stuff.
Old 28th June 2011, 11:03 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

search "Bybee" or "Quantum Purifier" here at DIYaudio. Fascinating, then hilarious, then disturbing, then tedious was my trip.
Old 28th June 2011, 11:10 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Theory not required...if the price is outrageous and the technical aspects are fuzzy and mysterious you just gotta know you have entered the "Audio Tweakophile Twilight Zone" so check your cerebral cortex at the door as these items are aimed at the limbic system.

Hide this!Advertise here!