Woden Design Victor for FE166En

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
all the cocktail napkins will be a bit too soggy

two words:

Victor? - - victorious!

I had a chance to hear a pair of these last night - not a small enclosure, but quite stunning - bravo Scott.

Congrats to all involved in the Victor project... as they say, nothing tastes (or in this case sounds) sweeter than success! :)

Not a small enclosure - smaller than the rough outline that was given at Scott's Woden Design website earlier?

-Zia

Victor plans are not free... and with this build out of beta (some consideration will likely be given for beta testers for the documents). I will get the Woden site updated.

9.5 x 60 x 17.5" (WxHxD) Same height as Maeshowe but a bit nicer proportions (IMHO)

Woden Design | Fostex

dave
Nice dimensions, 5'x5' Baltic Birch will work, bonus!
I conversed with Scott L via E:mails about suitability/166EsR back in December.
Lmk, what's what with the plans.
...if you're looking for a beta tester in the Philadelphia area, or make that, "Filthadelphia" ranked 2nd dirtiest city by Travel and Leisure Magazine, previously the city with the Ugliest people and before that the most Hostile people. Hey, with a Statue of Sylvester Stallone as Rocky drawing more attention then the founding father William Penn atop City Hall and the cable sitcom "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia", i'm not surprised they missed the thing about "The City Of Brotherly Love", lol :D

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
but a Victor will find it difficult to pass under the radar of SWMBO for now

a teaser picture... note the state of Bernie's floor. Sacrificed for Victor & the Mar-Ken12 in behind.

dave

Attachments

• Bernie-VictorT.jpg
    Bernie-VictorT.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,020
a teaser picture... note the state of Bernie's floor. Sacrificed for Victor & the Mar-Ken12 in behind.

dave
$$less, so funny!

I did a rough layout on graph paper based on Scott L website's basic dimensions and illustrations.
Apparently i can build a stereo pair of Victor's with just three 5'x5' sheets of Baltic Birch. Should keep the weight @ ~90lbs per speaker. I pretty sure the overall size/shape should "just" slip under the radar:)

mp9, may the force be with you if you are running into WAF challenges :D and hope you can take Victor to a safe landing at your place soon! Given Scott's track record with the Sachiko and Saburo designs, my guess is that Victor will "wow".

Dave, please share some initial listening impressions.

-Zia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.